Thursday, September 15, 2011

Rain, or is India already crying over me...?

After four weeks it is time for me to leave India. I am flying tonight to get some paperwork done in the Netherlands, most importantly, apply for my workvisa. I have a whole bunch of documents with me, stamped, signed and looking oh so professional. My return is planned for September 27th.

These four weeks have been interesting, and I can honestly say, they have turned out to be more or less as expected. A little tough, a little rough, but nothing that I had not experienced before when moving to Russia. Then again, I also grew older a bit, and less scared I guess :)

I am looking forward to come back again and live in my new appartment (which we are finalizing, after which I will write about it, experience tells me already not to cheer to soon). Work also becomes more and more interesting the more I get into it. Yes, I think this all will be a very interesting experience.

Near our office
So, to get to the subject of this writing. What started out as a beautiful sunny day, turned into a dark and rainy one just after lunch. It just poured and poured and poured turning the streets into rivers, where cars are honking non-stop at..? The rain I guess, since it makes no sense to honk at eachother when everybody is stuck.

The road in front of my hotel

Our office did not flood, but the car entrance changed into a small muddy river, with all kinds of debris floating in it. Outside the roads literally disappeared, motorcyclists and cyclists alike try to keep their feet dry, while pedestrians take off their sandals or shoes, roll up their pants and, well.... they got wet.


Same road, taken from the balcony




No comments:

Post a Comment