Friday, September 9, 2011

A Day In The Life Of The Office

Maybe it is interesting to tell you a little bit about an average day in the office. Luckily, I haven't had too many of those, since most of the times we're out at meetings, but today was one of those days.

Approximately half an hour later then I was told the driver picked me up this morning. I got used to adding time to everything I am promised, because no one seems to be on time here. If you adjust, it is rather easy to live with and then suddenly everything actually happens on time.

Our office is located in a cellar, so very little daylight enters, which is good cause it does not get too warm. But why most of my colleagues hardly seem to go out for a little stroll to catch some fresh air is a mystery to me. The office is a nice one, it's open space, light, some nice designer features.

My desk
 In every office you enter, as a visitor, or for us, when entering our own office, you get some cold water offered by the office-help. He in this case, brings us a thermos and comes during the day to give you some tea with milk, grean tea, cookies, a snack - you don't hear me complaining.

Lunch is served in the office and taken from the home of the owners, prepared by their cook and served from small metal containers. Indian food of course, freshly made, really nice. I have to be careful though not to bit on the red peppers, I am also the only one eating with me water-thermos next to me.

Meeting and lunchtable

During the day you get used to the regular fall-out of electricity that after a few seconds comes back on.

So, as you see, nothing really spectacular, I am sorry if I have disappointed you, but now you know that life in India can be almost like anywhere else in the world. I guess....

2 comments:

  1. I beg to differ on the timing part..coz it only the drivers who are late that too occasionally ..Not all of them..

    Good luck for your new venture..:)

    Priyanka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Priyanka,
    I agree, cause today the driver was too early :), I guess my verdict was too quick, but then again, I write what comes along!

    CU,
    Jerke

    ReplyDelete