Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A little on Indian business... getting settled in & my house lizzard

Interesting day today and last night as well actually. Meeting clients over dinner and today during lunch. Trying to get my finger behind how they conduct business here. Of course, lots is similar to where ever, but in India they seem to be sometimes at a different pace. Everything has to happen "asap", best is yesterday, everybody promises the same, nothing gets done in time. Delays are notorious, we all know it is going to happen, still everything will be "finished" by tomorrow..... not.

Anyway, more about business some other time, when I can evaluate more.

Today was also the day I got myself a cleaning lady. For 1500 rupees (25 EUR), she'll clean the appartment, the bathrooms (separately charges as I told before) and do the dishes. I wanted her to come every other day during the week, but that was so odd for her, she just got confused. Then I tried every day but the weekend, but that also was difficult to explain. So I will just tell her the day before if it is necessary for the next day. Also, I was hoping to pick up some Hindi from her, but she seems to shy to talk to me... Maybe that'll change over time.

Got my shirts ironed for the incredible sum of 18 rupees (6 shirts, 25 cents).... Got a lot done today actually around the house, with the help of my employer of course and their people, who made my home a little more cosy and practical today. Cabinets, shower curtains etc.

Lovely!
Even the house lizzard seems to like it since he or she moved from the kitchen to the light above the television set, where I keep all my little flies & moths :). The lizzard is liking it.




No comments:

Post a Comment